Effective date: February 26, 2016
In addition to the general privacy provisions of this Policy, and because Skechers Twinkle Toes caters to youth, we recognize the need to provide additional privacy protections for children using the Website/app. The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act ("COPPA") requires that we inform parents and legal guardians about how we use and collect personal information from children under the age of 13, and that we obtain verifiable consent from parents and legal guardians before a child under the age of 13 be permitted to join Skechers Twinkle Toes.
As used in this Policy, "any reference to "parent" shall include legal guardian.
What Information We Collect/How We Use It
We store and use the information you give us in accordance with the terms of this Policy. Subject to the parental consent requirements set forth below for children under the age of 13, personal information including your first and last name, mailing address, zip code, birth date, email address, username,and password may be collected via the Website/app. These categories of information are required when you sign up children under the age of 13, after verifiable parental consent has been obtained.
When you sign up for additional Skechers Twinkle Toes Services on the Website/app, such as entry into special contests or online games, additional personal information may be collected. We use this additional data, such as your hobbies, sports, music, entertainment, academics and other personal interests, to personalize your Skechers Twinkle Toes experience. By obtaining and using this information, we can provide you with the most timely, relevant and individualized service according to your preferences and interests.
In some instances we may include certain links in our emails that will allow us to monitor whether you access specific content or advertisements contained in that email. When you click on one of these links, we will record that click and certain activities on the web page associated with that link. We use this information to conduct internal research on our users' demographics, interests, and behavior related to our email advertisements and content, and to better understand and serve you.
We use log files to track system activity and maintain our systems. Log data includes IP addresses, browser type, referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number and nature of clicks through our Website/app. We use this information to analyze usage patterns, observe trends, administer the Website/app, track user movements in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. Information gathered from log files is for Skechers Twinkle Toes 's internal use only and will not be shared with any third parties, except law enforcement, as necessary. For non-member visitors to the Website/app, log files are not linked to personally identifiable information.
We may use your submitted email address to compare our member list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending identical messages to our members.
We may use information collected on the Website/app in the following ways:
- to provide you with personalized information via electronic delivery and/or direct mail;
- to send you information about upcoming contests, reward opportunities or promotions;
- to send you general and administrative information about your Skechers Twinkle Toes membership via electronic delivery and/or direct mail;
- compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties;
- to monitor, track and research ways to improve Skechers Twinkle Toes 's services and enhance the safety of the Skechers Twinkle Toes community.
Online Games and Applications from Third Parties
Our Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that your posting and/or other content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone's rights, property, or safety.
We may also share your personal information with:
- Service providers under contract who help with our business operations (such as marketing, online games, contests, micropayments, investigation of unlawful activities, and affiliate and rewards programs).
- Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service).
- Law enforcement or other governmental officials relating to alleged illegal activity. In such events, we will disclose information relevant to the investigation, such as name, city, state, zip code, telephone number, email address, user name history, IP address, complaints, postings and other content. Without limiting the above, in an effort to respect your privacy and our ability to keep the community free from bad actors, we will not otherwise disclose your personal information to law enforcement or other government officials without a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
- Other business entities, should we plan to merge with or be acquired by that business entity. (Should such a combination occur, we will require that the new combined entity follow this Policy with respect to your personal information. If your personal information will be used contrary to this Policy, you will receive prior notice.)
Should you (or your child) post personal information on Skechers Twinkle Toes bulletin boards, online games, in chat sessions or as part of your Skechers Twinkle Toes profile or avatar, including, for example, your name, email address, phone number, school, hobbies and interests, or photographs, this information will be viewable by other members of the Skechers Twinkle Toes community. You should always take precaution in disclosing information that is personally identifiable.
How We Notify and Obtain Consent From Parents For the Collection of Personally Identifiable Information About Their Children Under the Age of 13
How Parents Can Access, Change or Delete Personally Identifiable Information About Their Child Under the Age of 13
At any time, parents can refuse to permit us to collect additional personal information from their child under the age of 13 and also may request that we delete any personal information we have collected. There are two ways that a parent may access, change or delete their child's personally identifiable information that has been collected by Skechers Twinkle Toes :
- The parent may access, change or delete his or her child's personal information by logging on to the parent's Skechers Twinkle Toes account at the Skechers Twinkle Toes home page located at Skechers Twinkle Toes .com. If you do not remember your user name and password, there are instructions allowing the parent to obtain this information; or
- The parent may contact our customer service at CustomerService@Skechers Twinkle Toes .com, and notify us that they requesting certain personal information provided by their child be changed or deleted.
Please be advised that by refusing to permit us to collect personal information about your child or requesting the deletion of your child's profile from our database, you will be unsubscribing your child from Skechers Twinkle Toes Services.
Operator That Collects and/or Maintains Personal Information About Children Under the Age of 13
Skechers Twinkle Toes will be the only operator that will collect, maintain, use and/or disclose information about your child, pursuant to the terms of this Policy.
Skechers Twinkle Toes takes every reasonable precaution to protect our users' information. When you submit sensitive information via our service, your information is protected both online and off-line. We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect personal information about you. However, we cannot guarantee that communications between you and Skechers Twinkle Toes will not be intercepted by others and that information stored on our servers will be free from unauthorized access. While we have taken reasonable precautions to protect this information, you should always use discretion in what information you send to us and not expect that such information will be absolutely free from intrusion. In particular, you should be aware that information you may post on Skechers Twinkle Toes bulletin boards, chat sessions, online games, or as part of your Skechers Twinkle Toes profile or avatar, will be viewable by other Skechers Twinkle Toes Members. If you have any questions about the security of our service, please contact us.
As part of Skechers Twinkle Toes Services, we may offer "Skechers Twinkle Toes points" in connection with a rewards program that rewards members' active participation in Skechers Twinkle Toes Services, including postings of video and other content. As such, we will track members' postings and other Skechers Twinkle Toes activities as part of the rewards program. We may also conduct sweepstakes and contests on the Website/app in which we may ask you for additional information. We use and treat this information in accordance with the terms of this Policy.
Access and Control of Personal Information
If you are a registered user of our Skechers Twinkle Toes Services, you may view, correct, and delete your personal information, or remove your profile from view by others on the Website/app, simply by logging into your account (or the parent account for Members under the age of 13) and editing your profile, or by contacting our customer support. To have all of your personally identifiable information removed from view by others on the Website/app, send an e-mail request to SkechersTwinkleToes@Yoursphere.com. All user information, included that which is deleted, will be maintained in Skechers Twinkle Toes 's database solely for its internal use in ensuring the safety of the Skechers Twinkle Toes community and for disclosure to law enforcement, if necessary. Generally, you should be careful when making any personal information available to the public. For Skechers Twinkle Toes members over the age of 12, parents will not have access to, or the ability to delete, personal information, postings, or other content.
California Privacy Rights
Beginning on January 1, 2005, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at:
You may also telephone us at 1-888-905-9898 (If you are not 18 years of age or older, you must have your parent's permission to contact us at this number.)
Last modified: February 26, 2016